Do’s & Don’ts After A House Fire
Dialing 911 as your home erupts into flames is a frightful event. Your local fire department arriving on scene brings a reassuring comfort to you and your loved one, however it doesn’t completely stem the tide of emotions you’re experiencing. As the firefighters control the blaze and ultimately extinguish the fire it’s understandable to want to quickly start on the recovery of your property soon afterward.
To get started listed below are a few do’s and don’ts on how to proceed after experiencing a home fire.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim.
- Consult with a professional and experienced fire restoration team.
- Follow the recommended steps set forth by the expert SERVPRO of Burlington team before we arrive on site.
- Before doing anything else, it’s critical that no one enters the property before being cleared by the fire department that it's safe.
- Don’t attempt to clean or wash flooring, walls, ceilings, upholstery, or clothing without first consulting with the SERVPRO of Burlington team. Moving forward with your own tools and techniques may cause more harm to your house.
- Don’t consume any food or beverages left in the house after the fire was put out.
SERVPRO of Burlington serves
- Burlington, NC
- Graham, NC
- Glen Raven, NC
- Snow Camp, NC
- Mebane, NC
- Elon, NC
If your home or business is in need of our services whether for fire, water, or mold damage; perhaps even deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Burlington, (336) 229-1156.