Tips To Think About
SERVPRO of Burlington wants to remind you of some helpful tips to help insure a safe and happy 2018.
- All smoke detectors have a manufacturing date on them. If that date over 10 years old, replace it! Also if your home has gas or oil heat it is a good idea to invest in a carbon monoxide detector.
- Keep a prepacked bag handy with some cash, changes of clothes, medications, copies of important documents, etc.
- Have your family practice fire drills to make sure everyone knows how to escape, what to do and where to meet should a fire occur.
- Vacation soon? If you are travelling and will be away for several days, please be sure to turn off the water so you do not come home to any surprises.
- If you are using rubber hoses for the water supply to your washing machine, they need to be replaced every 5 years. Consider using steel braided hoses as they are much more durable than rubber ones.
- Periodically check the water supply lines on ice makers and dish washers for signs of wear and replace when needed.
- Keep a properly rated fire extinguisher in your kitchen. Does everyone know where it is located and how to use.
- Make sure you know where the critical shutoffs are in your home for main power, water and gas if applicable.
Hope that helps!! Contact SERVPRO of Burlington for any emergency needs.